top of page
- Sat, 22 AprSidney Sussex CollegeAn immersive weekend of inspiration and practical exercises to kick-start a new writing project or prepare to finish or perfect an established work-in-progress. Ideal for Emily and Menna's past students. Fee covers two dayschools, a Saturday and Sunday; students responsible for their accommodation.
- Sat, 23 SeptSidney Sussex College & The Graduate HotelSign up for all 5 key-skill days at 20% off the total cost: Saturday 23 Sept 2023: setting & senses / Saturday 14 Oct 2023: point of view & character / Saturday 18 Nov 2023: critique and editing / Saturday 13 Jan 2024: plotting your novel / Saturday 9 Mar 2024: publishing and the writing life
- Sat, 23 SeptThe Graduate Hotel, Cambridge UKHow do you make the world of your story as vivid as the one you’re living in? Learn to use details strategically and employ the five senses to create a richly atmospheric and plot-relevant setting.
- Sat, 14 OctSidney Sussex College, Cambridge UKHow do you write characters as complex and contradictory as the people you know, love or loathe in your life? Learn to create characters that are vivid, fascinating, and active, and take control of the powerful effects of point of view.
- Sat, 28 OctThe Graduate Hotel, Cambridge UKPrepare for National Novel Writing Month! Every November, thousands of people set out to write 50,000 words. This dayschool can help you make the most of that time by learning skills that will help you write words you'll want to keep.
- Sat, 18 NovSidney Sussex College, Cambridge UKYou have a good scene, good chapter, maybe even a good book—but how to make it great? Learn what to prioritise in improving your own work, and how to constructively receive critique and editing from others so that you’re able to polish your work to perfection.
- Sat, 13 JanSidney Sussex College, Cambridge UKWhen it comes to plotting your novel, structure is the fundamental foundation. Telling a fantastic story is like telling a cracking joke: you must time the beginning, the build and the punchline with precision!
- Sat, 09 MarSidney Sussex College, Cambridge UKLearn about pursuing publication, selling books, being rejected and what to do to survive it all with sanity (and integrity) intact! We'll talk about how to overcome self-doubt, how to manage disagreements with agents and publishers, how to tackle writer's block, and more.
Any questions at all, just email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
bottom of page