- Sat, 17 SeptSidney Sussex CollegeSign up for all 5 key-skill days at 20% off the total cost: Saturday 26th Nov: critique and editing / Sunday 22nd Jan: plotting your novel / Saturday 18th Mar: publishing and the writing life / September 2023: setting & senses / October 2023: point of view and character
- Sun, 22 JanThe Graduate HotelYou have a good scene, good chapter, maybe even a good book—but how to make it great? Learn what to prioritise in improving your own work, and how to constructively receive critique and editing from others so that you’re able to polish your work to perfection.
- Sat, 18 MarSidney Sussex CollegeLearn about pursuing publication, selling books, being rejected and what to do to survive it all with sanity (and integrity) intact! We'll talk about how to overcome self-doubt, how to manage disagreements with agents and publishers, how to tackle writer's block and more.
- Sat, 22 AprSidney Sussex CollegeAn immersive weekend of inspiration and practical exercises to kick-start a new writing project or prepare to finish or perfect an established work-in-progress. Ideal for Emily and Menna's past students. Fee covers two dayschools, a Saturday and Sunday; students responsible for their accommodation.
- Time is TBDLocation is TBDHow do you write characters as complex and contradictory as the people you know, love or loathe in your life? Learn to create characters that are vivid, fascinating, and active, and take control of the powerful effects of point of view. Next session October 2023.
- Time is TBDLocation is TBDHow do you make the world of your story as vivid as the one you’re living in? Learn to use details strategically and employ the five senses to create a richly atmospheric and plot-relevant setting. Next session September 2023
Any questions at all, just email us: firstname.lastname@example.org